George Duncan & Sons

In 1867 George Duncan became a partner in Ripley and Co., a company founded by Daniel C. Ripley. Geroge Duncan purchased the remainder of the company in 1874. He then sold one-half interest to his son James E. and their daughter Susan N. Heisey. They changed the name of the company to Geo. Duncan & Sons. At the death of Geo. Duncan, James and Susan purchased the remaining half of the company. In 1891 the company became a part of the new United States Glass Company.

The Geo. Duncan & Sons glass company produced several patterns of tableware. The production of lamps was only a small portion of their business. A glass pattern such as "Zippered Block" would have a lamp to match the pattern. Besides "Zippered Block" there was: "Barred Oval", "Ribbed Band", "Ainslie Block", "Inside Rib", "Rayed Panel", 'Quarter Block", "Diagonal Bar", "Sunken Window", "Threeface", and "Rayed Panel".

Click on list at the left for photos and prices!



Roy Carney   Box 45, Spencertown, New York  12165